Tuesday, January 24, 2017

the poetry of life

In winter, some voices are like coats.
"I go in life utterly unaware of things, Finding out about some of them convinces me how little I know and how much more I should keep on striving to acquire as much as is possible", he said. 
So to Tristan, who loves finding out, here's a "poem" written by a most unexpected poet : NASA
Consider this: You can see less than 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum and hear less than 1% of the acoustic spectrum. As you read this, you are traveling at 220 km/sec across the galaxy. 90% of the cells in your body carry their own microbial DNA and are not “you.” The atoms in your body are 99.9999999999999999% empty space and none of them are the ones you were born with, but they all originated in the belly of a star. Human beings have 46 chromosomes, 2 less than the common potato. The existence of the rainbow depends on the conical photoreceptors in your eyes; to animals without cones, the rainbow does not exist. So you don’t just look at a rainbow, you create it.

NASA Lunar Science Institute, 2012

_________
and another 



The complete tattoo is: “Ich will mit dem gehen, den ich liebe” … the first line from Bertolt Brecht’s poem: 

I want to go with the one I love. 
I don’t want to calculate the cost. 
I don’t want to think about whether it’s good. 
I don’t want to know whether he loves me. 
I want to go with whom I love. 




I can’t translate German, but I think “go” ( “gehen” in the original ) is weak here. I want it to be … I don’t know … “belong?” … or hell… “susurrate”… or how about “ridge” used as a verb… 


I want to ridge with the one I love… I don’t know what I want… beyond my hand right there on your hip


No comments: