Thursday, December 22, 2016

Mak

And I am rather inclined to feel that you and I know the best parts of one another without spending much time together. It is not that I fear the knowing. It is that I am at this moment willing to let you be what you are to me–beautiful and pure and very intensely alive.

_Georgia O’Keeffe, from a letter to Edna St. Vincent Millay, 
Savage Beauty: The Life of Edna St. Vincent Millay (Random House, 2001)





That place, right there, 
that… forever place, where 
the day we just lived splits… 
when today becomes tomorrow 
and yesterday at the same time… 

I want to touch you there, 
I want to kiss you there until, 
just like the done day, 
you split down the middle 
between paradise and pain.


___________



Love me on the hood of a truck no one’s driven in years, sunk to its fenders in weeds and sunflowers; and in the lilies, love me with my mouth on your white throat, while turtles drag their bellies through slick mud_

2 comments:

Rick Forrestal said...

Kissing is so under-rated.
Possibly the hottest part of sex.

Setty Lepida said...

Ricky, I'm with you on that, but do you think we can tell a person's heart by the way they kiss? I'm only asking because the best kiss I've ever got came from someone who instead of a heart had a stone_