Friday, November 11, 2016

summer moved on

You’ll remember me in the morning, and you’ll come to me, and you’ll tell me about us, and we’ll start over.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 






****


Last chance, baby, 

put that body of yours down 
and back away 
before somebody gets hurt. 
And by somebody, I mean me, 
and by hurt, I mean slain, 
washed up on the shore of my own need, 
flotsam, tossing in your tide.






* * * * * 


my heart is trying to 
climb out of my chest,
to leave me,
to join him,
to live from now on 
with him,
without me






Where did the summer go? 
If you were with her last night 
you wouldn’t need to ask. 
She keeps warm evenings on her tongue 
and the hottest days between her legs.



___________________________





1 comment:

Rick Forrestal said...

Wish I could help.
Beautiful.