Saturday, July 4, 2015

hi





they have you, black sea shinning under the moon
they have me, golden lucky-dime tucked inside a shoe
they have you, wide-eyed kid
they have me, giggly pout

one day will come
and they'll give you blue roses
kiss you on the forehead, kiss your mouth
love you with a kind of secret cruelty
conflicted with pleasure

one day will come
and they'll give me a dead man's cross
kiss me on the forehead, kiss my mouth
love me with a kind of cruel secrecy
pleasurable by conflict

one day I'll come to understand you and I make something
too great for you to see at the moment
one day you'll come to understand you and I make something
great

great is a word misunderstood, too used for stuff that are not great
just fine_ but I mean it_ great

we both have been fortunate enough to be loved by families who give blue roses
dead men's crosses, kisses
we both have been screwed when it came to surrendering a piece of our hearts
to loss, to compromise, to fated vessels

that's why I see through you so clearly
that's why I need less of your words to understand you

one day will come and I'll give you what you lack
one day will come and you'll get back my heart for me
for now, all I need to do is smile as you walk past
for now, all you need to do is smile back _




2 comments:

Rick Forrestal said...

I like this post.
"All you have to do is smile..."
xx

Setty Lepida said...

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky
You'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

wrote Nat King Cole

maybe he knew people better than I do
what is certain is that they keep on surprising me

we all aim for that kind of good surprise I guess, hoping we get it