Friday, May 15, 2015

είσαι ακόμα εκεί; / are you still there ?

flickr.com/photos/owlgardens/


Να επιστέψουμε στους παλιούς δρόμους, σ' αυτούς που πήραμε μαζί, όταν ακόμη αγνοούσαμε. Να πάμε για μπάνιο, να πάμε ταξίδι, να βγάλουμε φωτογραφίες τα πράγματα γύρω μας, να πατήσουμε τα φύλλα, να ανεβούμε στο σφυρί, να ουρλιάξουμε σ' ένα έργο, να φοβηθούμε ξανά 

+
Είμαι σε μια γωνιά στο πεζουλάκι. Είναι βρώμικα εδώ. Είναι δεκαετία του ενενήντα. Η πλατεία υπάρχει. Είναι ευθεία και θαμπή και δεν έχει κούνιες. Κάθε απόκριες οι γύφτοι κάνουν γαϊτανάκι και καμήλα εδώ και μοιράζουν φασολάδα σε πλαστικά μπωλ μίας χρήσης. Είμαι ακόμα παιδάκι

+
Πόσο είμαι; Είμαι μεγαλύτερη απ' τον πατέρα μου όταν κάθισε κι αυτός σ' αυτό το σημείο; ο παλιός του φίλος λέει του μοιάζω, έκανε τα πάντα με το δικό του ασυμβίβαστο τρόπο. Είμαι ο γονιός μου στην ίδια ηλικία; έχει αυτό να κάνει με το γονιό μου; ήταν κι αυτός σαν εμένα τρελός; 

+
Μετράω το χρόνο με βήματα. Το χρόνο με λεκέδες. Να ένας, εκεί που καθίσαμε. Να ένας, εκεί που δεν σ' άφησα να καθίσεις κι έτσι κάθισες δίπλα μου. Τι χρόνο έχω ακόμα; Πού είσαι; Πώς είσαι; Ανόητα νομίζω ότι με αγαπάς όσο εγώ εσένα; Βάζω το χέρι στο λεκέ και προσποιούμαι πως είναι εσύ. 

+
Η φωνή σου είναι βαμβάκι. Πέρασε μια βδομάδα κιόλας; Πέρασαν χρόνια; Μήπως ακόμη δεν σε έχω γνωρίσει; Μήπως κατοικείς κάπου εκεί ανάμεσα στον κόσμο; Μήπως μεγαλώνω για εσένα; Ο παράδεισος ανοίγει τις παρασκευές. Θα το ξαναπώ αυτό άραγε; Θα είναι άραγε ποτέ ξανά παρασκευή; Πριν λίγο νόμισα ότι είδα το πρόσωπό σου. Δεν μπορώ να το καθαρίσω, μα το χαμόγελό σου είναι πλατύ και ανοιχτό όπως οι ουρανοί. Ήρθες και κάθισες δίπλα μου. Δεν ξέρω τι μου είπες, νομίζω ότι σε καταλαβαίνω, όμως το κάνω; οι φωνές μας κάθονται μέσα μου σαν σκουριασμένο σύρμα. 



____________________

Go back to the old places, the ones we discovered together, back when we were still unaware. Go to the sea, go on a trip, take photos of the things that surround us, step on the leaves, ride the hammer, scream in that movie, be scared again

+
I'm sitting in a corner on the stairs. It's dirty here. it's the nineties. The square exists. it's flat and dull and there are no swings. Each Halloween the gypsies throw a party with a  maypole and a dancing dragon they call "the Camel" (it's the ugliest, most nightmarish motherfucker you've ever seen, but gypsies have no money and don't really care how it looks), they'll offer you bean soup in single-use plastic bowls. I'm still a kid. 

+
How old am I ? Am I older than my father when he sat on the very same spot? His old friend says I'm like him, he did everything in his own unusual ways. Am I my parent at the same age? does it have anything to do with my parent? was he as crazy as I am?

+
Counting time with footsteps. Time with stains. There's one, where we sat. There's one I wouldn't let you sit on, so you sat close to me. How much time do I have left? Where are you? How are you? Am I foolish to believe you will love me as much as I do. I put my hand on the stain and pretend it is you. 

+
Your voice is like cotton. A week has already passed. Or is it years? Or is it that I haven't met you yet? Is it possible that you are currently residing somewhere inside this world? Maybe I have been growing to meet you someday. Heaven is open Fridays. Will I be able to utter this again? Will it ever be Friday again? a minute ago I thought I saw your face. I can't clearly see it but your smile is wide and open like the skies. You came and sat next to me. I don't know what you said, I think I understand but do I ?  our voices have come to sit inside me like rusty wire. 


2 comments:

Rick Forrestal said...

These are beautiful verses.
Nostalgic thoughts.
Nicely done.

Setty Lepida said...

Thank you so much for the Mexico pics. It's my turn to send you some, soon as I get home from work. Till then . :*