Friday, May 31, 2013

...




it’s not that you’re forbidden fruit
one way or another you’d be prohibited 
material on some unauthorized space _
perhaps you’d be an ogre of a kind
the one I’d dare trust to make me 
a wild thing out for its kill _ we’d have
each other to improperly offend
with crooked touches that distinguish
flesh from love and fuck from terrible 
fixation_ 
it’s not the done thing, you know
I’d keep it shady, you would too _
how many times I’ve thought about you
tactlessly freeing me in every way 
free to refuse me or to make a machine
out of me; limbs and appendages to
serve you well, as I would surely 
and rudely 
defile your sense of woe_ all so perfectly uncouth
to stiffen and to clot _ sour and dark then
dealt out, taken to pieces_ it’s not that you’re 
forbidden fruit, no, it’s we are desperate
we are to enjoy our fury and still endure_ 
rule number one about “off limits” 
we never talk about “off limits” _


3 comments:

alex prodromou said...

Never!
(awesome, breathtaking, an avalanche of words that wake certain emotions...)

Rick Forrestal said...

Love this post.
A lot.
:-)
x

Setty Lepida said...

My friends, my dearest boys Alex and Ricky, thank you for your comments and friendship, I always feel such warmth to hear from you both, godspeed and rock on <3