Tuesday, January 11, 2011



a small town wakes up to clang of garbage bins
are you listening?
followed by a faint stench and an engine running
out with the old and in with the new, papers,glass
plastic and meat, vegetable juices and memories
that don't matter
yesterday's lunch, last week's news on wars, floods,
and money you won't ever again see, tv star affairs
weeklies and used toilet wipes, cigarette ashes
amazon cartons, old bills, the too much baggage
we can't afford to carry ourselves , all mush
inside that turning belly and then off to their burrial site
where birds and decay never tire_

14 comments:

Maike said...

Beautiful! Really amazing! xxxx

Annemarie said...

You're so right!!!!!It's expressive :)
XoXo
Annemarie

Rick Forrestal said...

Oooh, I love this shot. And your prose is perfect -- love the line "that turning belly." Nice.

And by the way, I've got two Amazon cartons outside my door right now (better go throw 'em away.) Ha.

I'm always attracted to your work.
Rick

raskolniikov said...

i am honoured that you have chosen to display one of my photos on your lovely blog, and you have also included a link. thank you.

Maike said...

Haha, thanks for your comment. I didn't see some of those movies yet but i'll check them out soon! xx

Miles Of Style said...

beautiful beautiful photo and prose!! loved it!

Willy. CREALINELIJNEN said...

Picture and proza,real live!!
I want more.
Groetjes

Giovanna&Roberta said...

I dear! Check out/FOLLOW our blog http://www.cromanticamente.blogspot.com/ to see lovely handmade italian creation!
Thanks,
Roberta&Giovanna

Angie said...

Beautiful...Really loved it..:)


xxx


Angie

P.S:http://chasingkitesbyangie.blogspot.com/
Don't bother to pass by..:P

Giovanna&Roberta said...

Thank you so much my dear for your lovely comment!

Kristina said...

great :) love it !!

xx
do you want to follow each other?
www.simplebutreal.com

Dimitri Zafiriou said...

so great,so sweet and positive...

elena-anna said...

hello, love your blog, keep up the good job

check mine, if you like it follow me, and i will follow you

xxxxxxx

Terresa said...

A poem with grit and honesty. The lines, "the too much baggage
we can't afford to carry ourselves," remind me of a trip to London I took last month, I felt a fool dragging my luggage through subway stations and trains. Next time, I'm traveling lighter.